- 08:45 | Armenia Air temperature will go down
Precipitation is expected from time to time in the whole territory
- 21:38 | In the world Hollywood actor Brad Pitt to promote new film in Moscow
The 35th film festival will kick off with the premiere of the upcoming apocalyptic horror film, World War Z, to be attended by producer-star Pitt and film director Marc Forster.
- 21:30 | In the world North Korea fires missiles into sea
The missiles posed no danger to neighboring countries.
Source: The Wall Street
- 21:10 | In the world Iran Exporting Medical Products to 40 World Countries
An Iranian health official said on Saturday.
- 21:03 | In the world Rome protest turns up heat on new PM Letta
Thousands of people protested in Rome on Saturday against austerity policies and high unemployment.
- 20:43 | In the world EU to ban refillable olive oil jugs and dipping bowls
From 1 January 2014, restaurants may only serve olive oil in tamper-proof packaging, labelled to EU standards.
- 20:30 | In the world Bashar al-Assad: 'We can't negotiate with fragmented rebels'
The Syrian president says that the opposition could not uphold any peace deal, and blames the west for supporting them.
Video: The Guardian
- 20:22 | In the world Saudi woman makes history by reaching Everest summit
It took a lot of persuading before Raha Moharrak's Saudi family agreed to let her climb.
- 20:08 | In the world France's Hollande signs gay marriage law
France's official journal announced on Saturday the bill had become law after the Constitutional Council gave it the go-ahead on Friday.
- 16:19 | Region Iranian President to visit Moscow
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will visit Moscow on July 1, Iran's Ambassador to Russia Mohammad Reza Sajjadi said.
- 16:18 | Region Azerbaijani analyst: Allahshukur Pashazadeh’s Iran visit will be unproductive
“Iran wants Azerbaijan to take practical moves and justify its expectations. But Azerbaijan is unable to do it,” Vafa Guluzade said.
- 15:18 | Region Haqqin.az: Schools and enterprises are forced to buy Ilham Aliyev’s new portraits in one of Azerbaijani regions
Yesterday, in the social networks and media information was spread that by the order of the Chief Executive Ahmed Mukhtarov the portrait of the president was to be renewed in all the grades of schools and enterprises in Hajigabul region of Azerbaijan, the Azerbaijani news agency "Haqqin.az" reported.
- 14:29 | In the world Incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wants to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo is at the centre of a bidding war after it emerged the Manchester United target is wanted by Chelsea.
Source: Daily Mail
- 14:03 | In the world France opposes Syria conference if Iran attends
Apart from the question of which countries will attend, it is also far from clear whether the Syrian foes would accept it.
Source: The Daily Star
- 13:25 | Armenia Museum Night involves 88 museums from Armenia and Artsakh
“We would like museums to be a space for non-formal education not one day only,” said the director of the Museum of Russian Art.
- 12:34 | Armenia Robert Aghasaryan fulfills grandmaster norm
19-year-old Armenian chess player Robert Aghasaryan fulfilled grandmaster norm at the 14th European Individual Championship held in Legnica, Poland.
- 11:34 | In the world Balotelli: I'm a normal guy
“But I don't see anything that would make people think that I'm bad or I'm crazy. I'm a normal guy,” he said.
Source: Sky Sports
- 11:33 | Armenia Tsarukyan’s statement eases anxiety of PAP businessmen
Representatives of Prosperous Armenia Party’s business circles are now more confident about their future following party leader Gagik Tsarukyan’s statement that PAP cannot be opposition.
Source: 168 Hours
- 10:36 | Armenia Ex-minister owes Belarusian tractor manufacturing plant
Bobruysk plant of tractor parts and units intends to sue former Armenian Deputy Minister of Agriculture, member of Prosperous Armenia Vardan Karapetyan unless he pays for tractors imported to Armenia.
- 10:35 | Region NKR Foreign Ministry delegation attending anniversary events in Abkhazia
The NKR Foreign Minister delivered a speech at the ceremonial meeting on May 17.
Source: NKR MFA
- 09:44 | Region Artsakh President, Armenian Deputy Foreign Minister discuss cooperation
On May 17, Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan met with Deputy Foreign Minister of Armenia Shavarsh Kocharyan.
Source: presidential press service
- 09:35 | In the world Greeks and Armenians call for conditions on Turkey trade deal
The leaders of the Greek and Armenian American communities have joined together in formally calling upon the White House to set strict legal conditions on any new trade agreements involving Turkey.
- 09:17 | In the world One dead, dozens wounded in sectarian clashes in Egypt
A quarrel between two young men, one Christian and one Muslim, morphed into a family feud that sparked clashes in a western district of Alexandria.
- 09:12 | In the world Two blasts at Iraqi Sunni mosque kill 43
Two bombs exploded outside a Sunni Muslim mosque in the Iraqi city of Baquba as worshippers left Friday prayers, killing at least 43 people.
- 09:07 | In the world U.N.: More than 1.5 million flee Syria
Since the start of 2013 alone, UNHCR has registered close to 1 million refugees -- which amounts to about 250,000 people each month.
- 09:03 | In the world Blanks fired at Cannes; actors scramble
A man was arrested Friday at the Cannes Film Festival after firing a gun loaded with blanks during a live television interview, sending an Oscar-winning actor running for cover.
- 08:56 | In the world Dozens injured in US train crash
About 60 people have been injured, five critically, after a head-on, rush-hour collision between two commuter trains near New York City.
- 08:52 | In the world Afghanistan MPs to debate law on women's rights
Afghan MPs are to debate a law to prevent violence against women, amid a fierce argument between leading Afghan women over tactics.
- 08:46 | Armenia Air temperature will go up by 3-4 degrees
No precipitation is expected in the most part of the day in the whole territory.
- 02:26 | Region BigCaucasus’ survey: Armenian men will protect Karabakh and will go even further
The "BigCaucasus" portal published a video survey conducted in Yerevan with the inhabitants of the city in connection with the statement of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov.
- 22:05 | In the world More than 70 percent of Russians are against the justification and public display of homosexual relations
Only 12 percent are in favor, according to a survey by the Levada Center independent pollster published on Friday.
- 21:50 | In the world Jennifer Lopez: I'd love to have more kids
The 43-year-old singer already has five-year-old twins Max and Emme with her ex-husband, singer Marc Anthony.
- 21:42 | In the world Bill Gates regains title of world’s richest person
The founder of Microsoft and co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, hit a five-year high on Thursday at $72.7 billion, topping that of Slim, 73, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Source: ABC News
- 21:35 | In the world Syria begins to break apart under pressure from war
In the northeast, the Kurds have effectively carved out an autonomous zone.
Source: The New York Times
- 21:28 | In the world Eurovision 2013: 30 things you need to know
The Eurovision Song Contest was first staged in Switzerland on 24th May 1956.
Details: The Telegraph
- 21:20 | In the world Cannes film festival suffers $1m jewellery theft
The jewels were to be loaned to stars appearing at the famous annual film festival on the French Riviera.
- 21:13 | Region Mob disrupts gay activist rally in Georgia, 30 injured
Some 30 people were injured when an angry mob led by clergymen broke through police cordons and clashed with gay rights activists in the Georgian capital Tbilisi on Friday, the country's health minister said.
- 21:06 | In the world Toyota retakes crown as Asia’s biggest manufacturer
Among the companies leading the charge is none other than the country’s biggest auto maker, Toyota Motor Corp-its share price soaring 50% this year.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
- 21:00 | In the world Pro-Assad hackers attack Financial Times
The website and Twitter feed of the Financial Times were hacked on Friday by a group of online activists who say they support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
- 20:55 | In the world Rights Groups: Syria holds thousands incommunicado
About 30 security agents showed up just after midnight, breaking down the door to an apartment in the town of Daraya near the Syrian capital of Damascus.
Source: ABC News
- 20:42 | In the world Russia's FSB reveals identity of CIA Moscow station chief
Speaking to Russian media about the recent capture of an alleged CIA spy in a wig in Moscow, an FSB spokesman named the CIA "rezident", or station chief, in the capital.
Source: The Telegraph
- 20:30 | In the world Boko Haram crisis: Nigeria air raids 'kill militants'
At least 30 militants have been killed during air raids on their training camps in north-eastern Nigeria, officials say.
- 20:11 | Region BigCaucasus about how Armenian volunteers defeated Chechen mercenaries in Karabakh who fought for Azerbaijan
The president of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, has recently made a rather interesting statement. Kadyrov has declared that the Chechen mercenaries have been involved in hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh.
- 18:52 | Armenia New Zealand ambassador presents credentials to Armenian President
Hamish Cooper assured the President that he will do his best to develop cooperation between the two countries in all possible areas.
Source: presidential press service
- 18:27 | Region OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs meet with Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs
The Co-Chairs and the Foreign Ministers discussed possible ways to advance the peace process.
- 18:26 | Region Iran election: Cleric rules out women candidates
Mohammad Yazdi, a clerical member of the Guardian Council, said the constitution ruled out the participation of women.
- 18:24 | Armenia Increase in price for Russian gas not political decision – Gagik Makaryan
“The development of Armenian economy is becoming vulnerable and superpowers can always use it for their purposes,” said the chairman of Republican Union of Employers of Armenia.
- 18:22 | Region New sports complex to be built in Stepanakert
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan held a consultation on the construction of a new sports complex in capital Stepanakert.
Source: presidential press service
- 16:53 | In the world Germany fears return of European jihadists in Syria
Up to 700 Europeans are fighting the Assad regime in Syria mainly as militant Islamists.
Source: The Guardian
- 16:49 | Armenia Rise in gas price may lead to economic recession but social riot unlikely to occur, Khosrov Harutyunyan says
The MP said that this issue should not be viewed in the context of Armenian-Russian relations.
- 16:10 | Armenia Khosrov Harutyunyan: After defeat at elections, opposition needs to reconsider its role
“Armenian opposition is looking for a new format but unifications among the opposition are not ruled out,” said the MP.
- 15:18 | Armenia Sergei Movsesian and Hrant Melkumyan at World Cup
GMs Sergei Movsesian and Hrant Melkumyan have qualified to participate in the World Cup 2013 that will start on August 10, 2013 in Tromsø, Norway.
- 15:01 | Armenia Political analyst: Rise in gas price should not be viewed as an attempt by Moscow to punish Yerevan
“Currently there are two processes: dynamic relations with Russia in parallel with the worsening of the relations with Azerbaijan and renewal of relations with Europe,” Alexander Iskandaryan said.
- 14:08 | Armenia Grigory Ayvazyan says Aliyev is his main rival at Azerbaijani presidential elections
The Assembly of Azerbaijani-Armenians has decided to nominate the candidacy of head of the Assembly Grigory Ayvazyan for the upcoming Azerbaijani presidential elections.
- 13:26 | Armenia Armen Martirosyan: Gagik Tsarukyan honestly said that PAP cannot be opposition
“A situation was formed when the voters chose Prosperous Armenia as opposition,” the Heritage deputy chairman said.
As Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan continues his visit to Washington the leaders of the Greek and Armenian American communities have joined together in formally calling upon the White House to set strict legal conditions on any new trade agreements involving Turkey, Asbarez.com reported. The Turkish government has, in the months leading up to this week’s Obama-Erdogan summit, aggressively pushed for Turkey’s inclusion in a far-ranging Transatlantic Trade and ...
The increase in the supplies of Iranian gas is a political issue but Iran is willing to provide larger possibilities for Armenia, especially as currently the Iranian economy is in such condition that Iran would only be happy to use its resources more completely, chairman of Republican Union of Employers of Armenia Gagik Makaryan told reporters today. Regarding the increase in the price for Russian gas, Makaryan said that “as a rule, Russia tries to manipulate the other states ...
The rise in the gas price has both political and social components, member of RPA parliamentary faction, leader of Christian Democratic Party Khosrov Harutyunyan told today’s press conference. At the same time, the MP said that this issue should not be viewed in the context of Armenian-Russian relations. “This is a childish approach. It is obvious that Russia has never concealed its influence in the region. And Armenia should quickly start developing possibilities for ...
The public is protesting against the policy carried out in Armenia, member of ARFD parliamentary faction Artsvik Minasyan told reporters during today’s protest near the building of the Armenian government. A group of citizens organized today a protest near the building of the Armenian government against the increase in gas price. Head of ARFD parliamentary faction Armen Rustamyan, members of Barev Yerevan bloc Armen Poghosyan and Arthur Ispiryan also participated in the ...
According to Zhamanak daily, Armenian authorities and ArmRosGazprom Company have agreed on the gas price. Users of up to 10,000 cubic meters of gas a month will pay AMD 180,000 instead of current AMD 132,000 per 1,000 cubic meters – more than a 35 percent increase over the current price. ArmRosGazprom planned to increase the gas price by 30-35 percent but announced a higher price so as to ease the discontent later, the paper says.
The British company “British Petroleum” didn’t manage to raise the level of oil production in the biggest oil field in the Caspian Sea in Azerbaijan, even after the dissatisfaction expressed by the President of the Republic last year. In the first quarter of 2013 only 8.06 million tons of oil is produced from the Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli. As the BP representatives notice, it is 8.4 percent less than it was last year, the article published by the "Caucasus Online" ...
On May 10, Orange launched sales of Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone in its shops. And today Orange presented gifts to those customers who were the first to pre-register their Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone and acquired it upon launch of the sales, company’s press service reported. As a reminder, those who wanted to be the first to get Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone were provided the chance to pre-register for the smartphone beginning April 4 at Orange website or in Orange shops and ...
Azerbaijani MP Gudrat Hasanguliev called on official Baku to ban the activities of Turkish companies in Azerbaijan cooperating with Armenia, the Azerbaijani news agency "Haqqin.az" reports. According to him, the government should make the Turkish companies to decide, either they work in Azerbaijan or Armenia. "We know that in Russia there are many of our compatriots who also collaborating with the Armenians, thus this issue should be solved at a legal level. I think ...
From May 6 until July 28, all Orange voice customers will get a chance to be rewarded for getting a call from their close ones from abroad. Every week the Orange customer having received the 50,000th international call of at least 1 minute duration, will get one airplane ticket to the country from which he/she has got that call. The lucky customers will be able to make their travel during upcoming summer, until August 31st, for the period of their choice. Aram Mkrtchyan, Orange ...
The head of Abovyan Tax Service of State Revenue Committee (SRC) has told his close circle that the organization revealed serious violations in the businesses of Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP) leader Gagik Tsarukyan, Zhoghovurd daily says. The same sources say that tax workers have been ordered to closely check the violations in order to make public crying facts. The paper’s attempts to verify the information were unsuccessful as SRC spokesperson Nelli Manucharyan did not ...