- 13:29 | In the world Expert welcomes President’s statement about neutrality on Syrian conflict
“We would take part in military operations and get involved in provocations,” Karen Sirunyan said.
- 12:00 | Armenia Tickets of Yerevan-Moscow flights to cost 49 euros
On April 21, Russia’s Utair airline will start operating Yerevan-Moscow-Yerevan flights with Boeing 737-500 planes.
Source: Haykakan Zhamanak
- 11:32 | Armenia Samvel Farmanyan to become Diaspora Minister
MP from Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) Samvel Farmanyan will replace Hranush Hakobyan as Diaspora Minister in the new government.
- 10:47 | Armenia Which Ministers will be relieved of their posts?
According to discussions inside the government circles, Energy Minister Armen Movsisyan, Justice Minister Hrayr Tovmasyan, Culture Minister Hasmik Poghosyan and Social Affairs Minister Artem Asatryan may be relieved of their posts.
- 09:05 | Armenia Non-coalition factions to specify future plans
So far, only the Armenian National Congress (ANC) has expressed a clear position on the necessity to carry out change of power.
- 09:02 | In the world 4 protesters killed in army attack on airfield in eastern Ukraine
At least four protesters were killed and two other wounded on Tuesday as the Ukrainian troops stormed an airfield in Ukraine's eastern city of Kramatorsk.
Source: RIA Novosti
- 08:57 | In the world India recognizes 3rd gender rights
In a ruling that human rights groups are calling historic, India's Supreme Court on Tuesday granted the country's transsexual and transgender individuals the right to self-identify their gender.
- 08:51 | In the world 48 die in Togo bus crash, 15 injured
The accident happened before dawn 108 miles (175 kilometers) north of Lome as a bus carrying passengers to Lome collided with a truck.
- 08:46 | In the world Malaysia missing plane: Robotic sub resumes search
The mini-sub was deployed late on Tuesday after data analysis from its first aborted mission drew a blank.
- 08:41 | In the world South Korea ferry rescue under way
A major rescue operation is under way after a ferry carrying 476 people capsized and then sank off South Korea.
- 08:35 | In the world Ukraine says Donetsk 'anti-terror operation' under way
Ukraine's acting President Olexander Turchynov has announced the start of an "anti-terrorist operation" against pro-Russian separatists.
- 17:04 | Armenia Armenian grandmasters in Dubai
Zaven Andriasian and Tigran L. Petrosian have scored 5.5 points each out of 8 before the last round of the open chess tournament in Dubai.
- 12:22 | Armenia Azerbaijan opens fire at Armenian border villages
Gas pipelines, windows and roofs were damaged in the three-hour shootout.
- 12:02 | Armenia David Harutyunyan may become Chief of Government Staff
Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) parliamentary faction secretary Hovhannes Sahakyan will replace Harutyunyan in parliament.
Source: Haykakan Zhamanak
- 11:45 | Armenia Who will be new speaker of Armenian parliament?
President Serzh Sargsyan has named Karen Karapetyan and Galust Sahakyan as likely candidates for speaker of Armenian National Assembly.
- 11:45 | Armenia Deputy FM Zohrap Mnatsakanyan to become Ambassador to UN
Some changes will take place in Armenia’s diplomatic corps after the appointment of the new Prime Minister.
- 11:02 | Armenia Vardan Ayvazyan seeks reappointment as Nature Protection Minister
Ayvazyan spoke about it with Hovik Abrahamyan, who said that President Serzh Sargsyan opposes his appointment.
Source: 168 Hours
- 11:01 | Armenia Tigran Sargsyan to be Armenia’s Ambassador to U.S.?
Other rumors say Tigran Sargsyan will be appointed Ambassador of Armenia to Belgium.
- 09:02 | Armenia Beglaryan likely to stay in office
Gagik Beglaryan is on good terms with newly appointed Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan and is considered to be among those who will retain their office in the new government.
Source: 168 Hours
- 09:01 | In the world Russia tests-fires Yars ballistic missile
The Russian Strategic Missile Forces test-fired on Monday an RS-24 Yars intercontinental ballistic missile from a launch site in northwest Russia, the Defense Ministry said.
Source: RIA Novosti
- 08:55 | In the world Holding Geneva talks depends on Kiev, Russia ready to participate – Foreign Ministry
The talks, scheduled for Thursday, are to be attended by top officials from the US, EU, Russia and Ukraine and are part of the diplomatic effort to resolve the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.
Source: RIA Novosti
- 08:50 | In the world Arrest over Jewish center shootings
A man with a history of spouting anti-Semitic rhetoric is suspected of shooting to death a boy and his grandfather outside a Jewish community center near Kansas City, Kansas, and then a woman at a nearby Jewish assisted living facility.
- 08:45 | In the world NSA stories take Pulitzer Prize
The Guardian and Washington Post have shared the Pulitzer Prize for public service journalism for a series of stories on US electronic spying.
- 08:39 | In the world Missing flight MH370: Robotic sub first mission cut short
The Bluefin-21 was sent to search the sea floor for wreckage after signals believed to be consistent with "black box" flight recorders were detected.
- 08:35 | In the world Ukraine crisis: EU and US mull further Russia sanctions
The EU and the US say they will impose "further costs" on Russia over its actions in Ukraine, as unrest continues in the east of the country.
- 21:00 | In the world Could period pain make you stupid? Cramps reduce attention span and make women perform less well in tests
Scientists at the University of Bath found people with period pain perform less well in computer-based tasks and that it reduces attention span.
Details: The Daily Mail
- 20:53 | In the world China cancels human rights dialogue with Britain
Beijing accuses UK of using rights issues to interfere in its internal affairs and axes dialogue that resumed after diplomatic freeze over Dalai Lama.
Source: The Guardian
- 20:45 | In the world Ukraine asks for UN peacekeepers in restive east
Ukraine's acting president urged the United Nations on Monday to send peacekeeping troops to eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian gunmen kept up their rampage of storming and occupying local government offices, police stations and a small airport.
Source: Associated Press
- 20:36 | In the world Separatist unrest spreads in Ukraine; ultimatum ends with no crackdown
Pro-Russian separatists on Monday ignored an ultimatum to leave occupied government buildings in eastern Ukraine while another group of rebels attacked a police headquarters as a threatened military offensive by government forces failed to materialize.
- 20:30 | In the world Nigeria violence: More than 70 killed in Abuja bus blast
The explosion happened as commuters were about to board buses and taxis to go to work in central Abuja.
- 18:35 | Armenia Arzumanyan: PM had to be sacrificed at some moment
"Hovik Abrahamyan’s appointment as Armenia’s Prime Minister was not a surprise because he was repeatedly mentioned as a likely candidate for PM following the resignation of former PM Tigran Sargsyan," MP Alexander Arzumanyan told reporters.
- 15:12 | Armenia Hovik Abrahamyan: I will cooperate with all parliamentary forces
Armenia’s new Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan has told reporters he will cooperate with all parliamentary forces, NGOs and expert groups and will hear their opinions.
- 12:07 | Armenia Serzh Sargsyan introduces new PM
Today Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan introduced new Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan to the government staff.
- 12:06 | Armenia President officially appoints Hovik Abrahamyan as Prime Minister
On April 13, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan signed a decree on the appointment of Armenia’s Prime Minister.
Source: presidential press service
- 11:48 | Armenia Sergei Movsesian beats Yuri Yakovich
Grandmaster Sergei Movsesian playing in Saint Petersburg Team beat grandmaster Yuri Yakovich in the penultimate round of the Russian Club Championship in Loo.
- 11:04 | Armenia Rain expected in coming days
Scattered showers are expected mostly in northern regions of Armenia on the night and in the afternoon of April 14-16.
Source: Armstatehydromet Service
- 10:31 | In the world Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s first financial assistance transferred to Kessab Armenians
On April 13, $63,060 was transferred to the emergency authorities of Syria’s Latakia – the first financial assistance of Hayastan All-Armenian Fund to the Armenians of Kessab.
Source: RA MFA
- 10:30 | Region Azerbaijan violates ceasefire 300 times
Azeri forces violated the ceasefire at the Line of Contact between Nagorno-Karabakh’s and Azerbaijan’s troops about 300 times on April 6-12, with over 2,500 shots fired at Karabakh’s frontline positions.
Source: NKR Defense Army
- 09:01 | In the world Special forces, right sector besiege rebellious Slaviansk
At least three people, including a pro-federalization supporter, were killed in clashes in the town, some 150 kilometers from the border with Russia, while two other activists were injured.
Source: RIA Novosti
- 08:56 | In the world 28 killed in violence across Iraq
A car bomb went off in the restive northern Iraqi city of Mosul on Sunday, killing nine people, while 10 others were killed in clashes there.
- 08:52 | In the world Libyan PM steps down after attack
The General National Congress, the country's interim parliament, appointed al-Thinni Tuesday as interim prime minister and gave him a week to form a new cabinet.
- 08:44 | In the world Three dead in Kansas City shootings
The shootings occurred at the Jewish Community Campus at Overland Park and a nearby assisted living centre, Village Shalom.
- 08:40 | In the world Syria's Assad claims upper hand in war 'turning point'
Syria's President Bashar al-Assad has claimed the upper hand in what he called a "turning point" in the three-year long civil war.
- 08:35 | In the world Ukraine crisis: Russia urges Kiev to avoid force in east
At a special UN Security Council session, Russia's ambassador Vitaliy Churkin called on Kiev to "start a genuine dialogue."
- 14:47 | Armenia Sergei Movsesian at Russian Club Championship
Saint Petersburg Team, where Armenian GM Sergei Movsesian plays, has scored 7 team and 15.5 total points and takes 4th position after five rounds at the Russian Club Championship ongoing in Loo.
- 12:59 | Armenia Armenian singer Forsh hospitalized
He was admitted to the intensive care unit of Armenia Republican Medical Center on Friday.
- 10:38 | Armenia Hovik Abrahamyan’s appointment as Prime Minister not on political agenda
The fact that President Serzh Sargsyan failed to reach an agreement with Prosperous Armenia Party over formation of a new government is cited among the reasons.
Source: 168 Hours
- 09:16 | In the world State Department again denies presence of US mercenaries in Ukraine
Claims that a private US security company has sent mercenaries to Ukraine are untrue, US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland has said.
Source: RIA Novosti
- 08:55 | In the world Italy's navy rescues 6,000 migrants in just four days, U.N. agency says
Its figures give a new indication of the scale of the challenge faced by Italian authorities in keeping up with the flow of migrants seeking to reach European soil.
- 08:50 | In the world Cyclone Ita: Queensland surveys storm damage
Residents in northern Queensland are surveying the damage after Cyclone Ita brought winds of up to 230km/h (140mph) to north-eastern Australia.
- 08:45 | In the world Clashes as police evict squatters in Rio de Janeiro
More than 1,500 police officers had arrived at dawn to evict nearly 5,000 people from the site, belonging to a telecommunication company.
- 08:40 | In the world US urges countries to help Ukraine's economic rescue
US Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew has urged other countries to contribute more to the economic rescue of Ukraine.
- 17:35 | Armenia Armenian grandmasters at Dubai open chess tournament
Grandmaster Zaven Andriasian has scored 3.5 points after 4 rounds at the open chess tournament in Dubai.
- 17:18 | Armenia Minasyan: President’s statement should be welcomed as a political concept
“It is not important when the new Prime Minister will be announced – today or on Monday,” Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) MP Mkrtich Minasyan told reporters.
- 16:33 | In the world French envoy: Carrefour’s opening in Armenia is a matter of time
A Carrefour hypermarket will open in Armenia soon, French Ambassador to Armenia Henri Reynaud told Panorama.am, noting that is a matter of a couple of months.
Press TV has interviewed author and Middle East expert Dr. Kevin Barrett to get his views on recent advances by the Syria army against foreign-backed militants. Press TV: Dr. Barrett, do you agree with Mr. Peterson there this is the first stage towards full and complete victory by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government? Barrett: Yes, for once I do agree with Mr. Peterson. In fact I can take up right where he left off. I think that this is of course, on the heels ...
Press TV has interviewed Ian Williams with Foreign Policy in Focus to talk about the drop in French President Francois Hollande's approval rating. Press TV: Do you think that his (Hollande's) government will be able to survive? Williams: Well, that depends. His prime minister is actually quite popular, which is interesting, because his prime minister was elected as an avowed sort of right-wing social democrat. So, his ratings are actually very high. Yet, here we have ...
Press TV has conducted an interview with Dr. Kevin Barrett, the Editor of Veteran’s Today from Madison, about Syria where each side is blaming the other for chemical weapons attacks in Hama. Press TV: Again we’re hearing talks about a chemical attack. We saw last year how awful that situation was. At the end of the day though the international community did nothing. So, once again we’re here talking about chemical attacks carried out in Syria. Do you think it ...
Press TV has conducted an interview with Dmitry Babich, with the Voice of Russia Radio Station from Moscow, about Russia saying the US is not in a position to impose sanctions on the country over a probable oil-for-goods deal between Moscow and Tehran. Press TV: Mr. Babich, do you think by going ahead with these transactions with Iran, Moscow is risking its relations with the US? Babich: Well right now relations are so bad that there is not much to risk. I think that morally ...
Press TV has interviewed Stewart Stogel , UN correspondent from Newsmax magazine from New York City, to discuss Iran nuclear talks. Press TV: Stewart Stogel what do you think? I mean we are looking at the statements made there by Iran’s leader, at the same time three rounds of talks, the third one concluded in Vienna; each and every time we are almost looking at an identical type schedule of two days it is ending, in between you have some technical-level talks that have taken ...
Press TV has conducted an interview with Andre Vltchek, a journalist and film maker from Bangkok, about a statement released by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen saying Russia will be committing a historical mistake if it further intervenes in Ukraine. Press TV: What do you think Russia’s role in the unrest in Ukraine is? Do you think that Russia is involved in what’s happening now in Donetsk, in Kharkiv and other areas? Vltchek: First of all I ...
Press TV has conducted an interview with Mark Weber , the director of the Institute for Historical Review from California, about the United States beginning to supply foreign-backed militants in Syria with advanced and high-powered weapons, according to a recent report. Press TV: I’d like to pick up on the timing of this report. This comes of course as we just mentioned after a meeting between Obama and the Saudi King Abdullah. What do you make of that? Weber: Well this ...
Press TV has conducted an interview with the Executive Intelligence Review’s Mike Billington to get his views on events unfolding in Ukraine. Press TV: Now first of all, what do you make of the recent comments made by both the Ukrainian sides and the side in Washington. They’re saying that Russia is the one that is orchestrating these protests that we are seeing in the eastern and southern Ukraine. How credible is that allegation in your opinion? Billington: Well, ...
Press TV has interviewed Mark Glenn , author and journalist from Idaho, to discuss recent comments by the Palestinian Authority that Israeli forces have killed more than 1,500 Palestinian children and wounded thousands more since 2000. Press TV: First of all, why is there no report or condemnation by the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC)? Glenn: Well, what can the United Nations do when after all it was the United Nations that effectively created Israel, ...
Press TV has conducted an interview with Christopher Walker, ex-Moscow correspondent for the Times from London, about Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB) saying that twenty-five Ukrainians suspected of planning terrorist attacks on Russian soil have been arrested. Press TV: First of all, do you think that the Ukrainian security agency was actually involved in some kind of operation against Russia? What do you think the nature of that operation was? Was it an operation to attack ...