"From Ararat to Zion" takes over "Avatar"
“From Ararat to Zion” documentary screened in Moscow Cinema from May 5 has had 20 thousand viewers during the month, the director of the cinema Martun Adoyan told reporters Wednesday.
He added that during his office he has never come across such a precedent when a documentary has had such big an audience: the film has had more viewers than feature films, like “Avatar”, for instance.
According to him, during the month 90% of the audience came to watch “From Ararat to Zion”, while the other films were watched by the remaining 10% only.
The producer and script-writer of the film Bishop Mesrop Aramyan said the phenomenon unveils that our nation seeks for deep revelations and high-quality culture.
In turn, the film director Edgar Bagdasaryan said it's not the art crisis that ever occurs, but idea crisis.
The film was screened in the UK, days after its premiere in Yerevan. It took the “Best European Documentary” prize in Swansea Bay Film Festival. During the last month the film has had several other hits in the international arena. In June it will be presented in Moscow and Colorado international documentary film festivals.