Israel planning attack against Hezbollah - Gordon Duff
Press TV has conducted an interview with Gordon Duff, Senior Editor of Veteran’s Today from Ohio about the Israeli violation of UN resolution by sending Israeli troops across the border into Lebanon.
- Why this flurry of activity on the Lebanese Israeli border?
- We are told by sources with the United States military that Israel is engaged in armed reconnaissance into Lebanon planning an offensive against Hezbollah, combined with thousands of fresh troops that it’s bringing in from the Sunni militias and dredged up from the streets across the Islamic world. This offensive is planning on starting very soon.
- And who would be the target, would the target be Hezbollah?
- Their first target is to destroy Hezbollah; their second target is the destruction of Iraq; their third target is the destruction of Syria. Their fourth target of course is Iran.
- And of course we’ve been down this road before Mr. Duff when Israel had attacked Lebanon in the past. Hezbollah came out victorious in that attack by Israel, so what’s to say that this time would be any different?
- They have a pincer attacked planned. They plan on tying down the Syrian army in the North with an offensives run out of Turkey; and they plan on moving thousands of troops in through Jordan; and catching Hezbollah from inside southern Syria and from Lebanon simultaneously.
They think this is a big secret. It may not be such a big secret from now on.
- I also want to talk about the UN’s role in all this. Israel has violated Lebanese air space numerous times. So, why is the UN choosing now to speak up?
- Well, it’s quite surprising. I think some of that would be base on some of the moves that the European Union has made this summer - they are largely rejecting a number of programs they’ve maintained with Israel; they are cutting economic relations with Israel considerably.
Israel is very much waning in its influence in the United States. It chose the wrong side in the presidential election and has maintained a very hostile position towards President Obama.
Manvel Grigoryan: If we want to avoid war, we must form a stronger army than the one of the adversary