BPH treatment with Dr. Allen’s Device and Thermobalancing therapy attracts medical tourists to Armenia
Over the year, Professor Ivan Aghajanyan, Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences and Head of the Department of Urology at The Mikaelyan Institute of Surgery, has been leading a clinical trial on the efficacy of Dr. Allen's Devices in treatment of kidney stones disease, chronic prostatitis and enlarged prostate, i.e. benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Answering the questions of the Panorama newspaper journalist, he discusses the progress of this clinical study.
- Professor Aghajanyan, we talked about the treatment method with Dr. Allen’s Devices half a year ago. Please, tell us about your latest findings.
- I can now confirm that the reversal of benign prostatic hyperplasia with the use of Dr. Allen’s Device has been observed. Dr. Simon Allen’s Thermobalancing therapy is the world’s first treatment that reduces the size of enlarged prostate without medication and surgery. The progress of our clinical studies in Armenia has already attracted medical tourists from around the world.
- What is your opinion on Thermobalancing therapy from a leading surgeon and urologist’s point of view?
- I have conducted over 5,000 transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), as well as other surgical procedures for the treatment of BPH. So I do know their pros and cons. I welcome Dr. Allen’s invention that can help many men to avoid any surgical intervention on the prostate and kidneys, and refrain from taking medications linked to potential complications. It is remarkable that urologists now have a new effective therapy at their disposal.
- Professor Aghajanyan, you’ve been studying Dr. Allen’s treatment method for a year. What kind of patients are you assessing?
- You’re right, clinical studies on Thermobalancing therapy and Dr. Allen’s Devices have been going on at the Department of Urology at The Mikaelyan Institute of Surgery for a year, since April 2013. We have assessed over 250 men with prostate and kidney diseases. The initial results have shown high efficacy of Dr. Allen’s Devices in the treatment of chronic prostatitis, BPH and kidney stones. Younger men have been cured from the disturbing symptoms of chronic prostatitis, while senior men have had the symptoms of BPH eliminated. Kidney stones have been gradually reducing in size in both men and women. It should be noted that all results have been achieved without prescription drugs, medicines and surgical procedures.
- What complications may arise from medications and surgeries?
- BPH sufferers, for instance, may still experience pelvic pain even if they take medications and undergo a surgery. They may develop impotence, urinary incontinence and other problems. In cases of kidney stones disease, lithotripsy or ESWL may lead to hypertension and even diabetes.
- Do you believe that the use of Thermobalancing therapy may reduce the number of surgeries?
- Definitely, it’ll come over time. Some people are almost obsessed with surgeries. They believe that if they get something removed, then they’ll surely be fine again. And some doctors do not discuss possible problems. Consequently, excess demand flares up. Some people travel to different countries looking for surgeries: some people search cheaper options, others go for the expensive ones. A special term has been coined to describe this phenomenon, i.e. medical tourism. In reality, every operation is first of all a trauma. It must be viewed at the measure of last resort. Thanks to Dr. Allen’s Device, we’ve been able to show that men with BPH can do without a surgery.
- When a medical tourist comes here ready to pay a considerable amount for a surgery, what do you suggest?
- Our Department of Urology at The Mikaelyan Institute of Surgery is well-known for highly qualified medical specialists, comfortable hospital wards and world-class diagnostics equipment. We can even perform endorectal sonography. Firstly, we examine our patients thoroughly. If necessary, a surgery is performed. However, if there is no pressing need for a surgery, we won’t take that route. Our clinical studies have shown successful outcomes of treatment with Dr. Allen’s Devices in cases of chronic urological conditions, such as enlarged prostate, chronic prostatitis and kidney stones. We welcome medical tourists from any country.
- Is it possible to purchase Dr. Allen’s Devices in Armenia now?
- Dr. Allen’s Devices are produced in Great Britain and distributed by Fine Treatment (www.finetreatment.com) globally. In Armenia, however, it is possible to purchase or order them at the Alfa Pharm chain of pharmacies. Also, Dr. Allen’s Devices can be obtained at The Mikaelyan Institute of Surgery at the following address: Armenia, Yerevan 0052, Ezras Asratyan street, 9. Our contact telephone numbers are: +374 10 284450, +374 93 839741.
Manvel Grigoryan: If we want to avoid war, we must form a stronger army than the one of the adversary