- 12:27 | Region At meeting with sportsmen president of Iran speaks with Armenian football player Andranik Teymuryan
According to the official site of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has had meetings with presidents of different kinds of sport federations.
- 11:47 | Region OSCE Minsk Group is concerned about losses of life on Armenian-Azerbaijani line of contact
The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group are concerned about the losses of life on the Armenian- Azerbaijani border and the line of contact, said the OSCE Minsk Group US Co-Chair James Warlick.
- 11:05 | Armenia Now that lawsuits are settled, let’s build Genocide Memorial
On July 15, a Federal Court of Appeals upheld a lower court’s 2011 decision, ordering the return to the CafesjianFamily Foundation (CFF) the properties intended for the construction of an Armenian Genocide Museum and Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- 11:04 | In the world China braces for arrival of second typhoon
China was bracing Wednesday for the arrival of a second typhoon in as many weeks, as communities along the country’s southern coast cleared away debris in the wake of the earlier storm that killed 46 people.
- 11:02 | In the world US and European airlines suspend flights to Israel
US and European airlines suspended flights to Israel's Ben Gurion airport after a rocket landed one mile (1.6km) away.
- 11:01 | In the world Millionaire 'Urinated On Sweets in CVS Store'
A New York property tycoon who once killed his neighbour has been arrested for urinating on confectionery at a shop.
- 10:59 | In the world First MH17 dead to be flown to Netherlands from Ukraine
The first bodies recovered from the Malaysia Airlines plane that crashed in Ukraine last week are to be flown to the Netherlands for identification.
- 23:00 | In the world MH17 plane crash: UK experts to retrieve flight data
This follows a request by authorities in the Netherlands, where the Malaysia Airlines plane flew from before crashing in Ukraine.
- 22:37 | In the world Gaza rocket lands near Israel's main airport
A rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed near Israel's main airport Tuesday, wounding one Israeli and prompting all U.S. and some European and Canadian airlines to cancel flights to Tel Aviv - a reflection of high anxiety over air travel after the downing of a Malaysian jet over Ukraine.
Source: Associated Press
- 22:30 | Region IAEA worried about slow progress in Iran nuclear probe
The U.N. nuclear watchdog is concerned about Iran's current lack of engagement with an investigation into its suspected atomic bomb research, ahead of a deadline next month for Tehran to step up cooperation, diplomatic sources said on Tuesday.
- 22:22 | Region Turkish police accused of spying on prime minister are arrested
Turkish police raided colleagues' homes on Tuesday, detaining dozens of officers on suspicion of illegally wiretapping government figures including prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Turkey's spy chief.
Source: The Guardian
- 22:15 | In the world Ukraine opens criminal cases against Russian minister
Ukraine has opened criminal cases against Russian Defense Minister Gen. Sergei Shoigu and Russian businessman Konstantin Malofeyev, the Ukrainian Internal Affairs Ministry said in a statement Tuesday.
- 22:06 | In the world Minibus crash in France kills 5 children, 1 adult
French President Francois Hollande issued a statement expressing his sadness and shock at Tuesday's accident in the town of Courteranges.
Source: ABC News
- 21:57 | In the world Obama sends top aides to Germany amid spying flap
Working to stem the fraying of ties with a key European ally, President Barack Obama dispatched his chief of staff to Berlin, a diplomatic gesture reflecting Germany's growing indignation about allegations of American spying on its soil.
Source: Associated Press
- 21:50 | In the world Putin being 'demonised' over MH17, ambassador claims
Russia's top diplomat in Malaysia tells The Telegraph that she does not believe rebels were responsible for shooting down Flight MH17 and claims Vladimir Putin is being unfairly scapegoated over the disaster.
Source: The Telegraph
- 21:37 | In the world Gaza conflict: UN chief Ban urges end to fighting
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged Israel and the Palestinians to "stop fighting" and "start talking" to end the conflict in Gaza.
- 21:30 | In the world EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow
European Union foreign ministers threatened Russia on Tuesday with harsher sanctions over Ukraine, but tougher talk may not be matched by much action after France's president signaled the disputed delivery of a warship to Moscow would go ahead.
- 19:17 | Region Azerbaijani terrorist is liquidated in Iraq; Syrian fighters state about seizure of car that belongs to SOCAR
An Azerbaijani has been killed in Iraq. He was a member of an Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist organization.
- 18:48 | Armenia RA MFA: Georgia is not intended to have visa regime with Armenia
The Georgian Foreign Ministry reports that Georgia is not intended to have visa regime with Armenia.
- 18:46 | Region Another veteran of Karabakh war commits self-immolation in Azerbaijan
Another Karabakh war veteran commits self-immolation in Baku.
- 13:46 | Armenia Alexander Markarov: Armenia-Artsakh economic territory will de-facto be preserved
It is clear that the negotiation process will continue and it is also clear that there cannot be a way out of the conflict in the upcoming future.
- 13:05 | Armenia Karen Grigoryan wins in Barcelona
Armenian GM Karen Grigoryan played excellently at the open in Barcelona, Spain.
- 12:18 | Armenia First and most important discovery made in Tigranakert
The excavations of Tigranakert in Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh) have resumed recently headed by the Doctor of Historical Sciences, head of archaeological expedition in Tigranakert Hamlet Petrosyan.
- 12:16 | In the world Israeli soldier is missing in Gaza Strip
Israeli soldier is missing in the Gaza Strip and is presumed dead.
- 23:30 | In the world Ukraine forces take control of Donetsk airport
Ukrainian forces have taken full control of Donetsk airport as they continue to fight pro-Russian rebels in the eastern Ukraine city, a Ukrainian military spokesman says.
- 23:08 | In the world Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will co-star in experimental romance By the Sea
Spokesperson for Universal confirms Jolie to write and direct as well as star alongside Pitt, with shooting scheduled to start in Malta next month.
Source: The Guardian
- 23:00 | In the world MH17 plane crash: Train with bodies leaves Ukraine station
Meanwhile rebels have been involved in heavy fighting in Donetsk, the main city left under their control.
- 22:45 | In the world Protesters denounce Israel at embassy in Cyprus
Several hundred pro-Palestinian protesters have demanded a halt to military action in Gaza during a peaceful protest near the Israeli embassy in the Cypriot capital.
Source: ABC News
- 22:37 | In the world Obama pressures on Russia, Putin in Ukraine crash probe
U.S. President Barack Obama piled pressure on Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday to force pro-Russian separatists to stop blocking an international investigation into the shootdown of a passenger jet last week.
- 22:30 | In the world Defiant Putin warns the West not to use MH17 tragedy for 'selfish political ends'
Wearing a dark suit and looking tired and drawn during a rare television address, the Russian president insisted 'all people' in Ukraine had a responsibility to the families of the 298 passengers and crew who died last week.
Source: The Daily Mail
- 22:21 | In the world Gaza conflict: a huge population on the move in a tiny enclave - UN fears humanitarian disaster
The Rohme family now sleep on two mattresses in the bare corridor of a school and are just one example of the increasing number of refugees in Gaza.
Source: The Telegraph
- 22:15 | In the world Typhoon Rammasun kills 18 in China
Strongest typhoon to hit southern China in 41 years leaves death and destruction in its wake as it heads towards Vietnam.
Source: The Guardian
- 22:06 | In the world Isis militants 'seize Iraq monastery and expel monks'
Local residents said monks at the Mar Behnam monastery were allowed to take only the clothes they were wearing.
- 22:00 | In the world Ten killed in air strike north of Baghdad
Ten people were killed, including a mother and three children, in a government air strike on a militant-controlled town north of Baghdad on Monday, hospital sources and witnesses said.
- 15:58 | Region Azerbaijan fires 4,000 shots at NKR frontline positions
Over 4,000 shots were fired at Karabakh’s frontline positions between 13 and 19 July.
Source: NKR Defense Ministry
- 13:23 | Armenia Nalbandian to meet with OSCE MG Co-Chairs in Brussels
The Armenian FM will attend a meeting of Foreign Ministers of the European Union and the Eastern Partnership on July 22 in Brussels.
- 12:13 | Armenia Abrahamyan and Medvedev flew in helicopter and sailed boat
After the ceremonial procedures of their meeting were over, Armenian and Russian Prime Ministers Hovik Abrahamyan and Dmitry Medvedev decided to fly in a helicopter over Sochi.
Source: Chorrord Ishkhanutyun
- 11:44 | Armenia Orinats Yerkir’s rally a failure
It showed that Arthur Baghdasaryan and his party do not enjoy public confidence and the campaign against electricity price increase is not enough for gaining trust.
Source: 168 Hours
- 11:17 | Armenia Nerses Nazaryan to head Criminal Executive Department?
Nerses Nazaryan, former chief of Yerevan police, will replace Hayk Harutyunyan as head of Armenian Justice Ministry’s Criminal Executive Department.
Source: Chorrord Ishkhanutyun
- 09:24 | In the world Norovirus toll at Athletes' Village rises to 48
18 security staff had reported on Friday that they were unable to work due symptoms of the virus, which causes sickness and diarrhoea.
Source: Sky News
- 09:15 | In the world Highway collision in China kills 38
The state-run Xinhua News Agency said the truck rear-ended the bus around 3 a.m. on the Hukun Expressway in Hunan province, with the truck's driver and passenger among the dead.
- 09:10 | In the world Russian, Iranian presidents discuss nuclear negotiations by phone
In Friday’s phone conversation, Putin and Rouhani also discussed the situation in Iraq and the escalation of Israeli-Palestinian tensions in the Gaza strip.
Source: RIA Novosti
- 09:01 | In the world Iraqi Christians flee after Isis issue Mosul ultimatum
The ultimatum cited a historic contract known as "dhimma," under which non-Muslims in Islamic societies who refuse to convert are offered protection if they pay a fee, called a "jizya."
- 08:56 | In the world Gaza conflict: Obama warns Israel amid rising death toll
Speaking to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday, he underlined his support for Israel's right to defend itself against Palestinian militants.
- 08:52 | In the world MH17 plane crash: Ukraine rebels 'limit investigation'
A team of international observers say pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine have limited their access to the wreckage of a Malaysia Airlines plane.
- 18:46 | Region Smbat Tsakanyan kidnapped by Azerbaijani saboteurs – NKR Prosecutor’s Office
He was kidnapped by Azerbaijani citizens Shahbaz Jalal Ogli Guliyev, 46, Dilham Gardashkhan Ogli Askerov, 54, and a third member of the commando group who was eliminated while showing resistance.
Source: NKR Prosecutor’s Office
- 17:43 | In the world Silvio Berlusconi sex conviction overturned
Italian former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has won an appeal against his conviction for paying for sex with an underage prostitute.
- 15:58 | Armenia Iranian envoy: Time frames of Hassan Rouhani’s visit to Armenia not specified
“Iranian President Hassan Rouhani will definitely pay a visit to Armenia, but the time frames of the visit have not been specified yet,” Iranian Ambassador to Armenia Mohammad Reisi told reporters.
- 15:56 | Armenia Mohammad Reisi: Iran opposed to deployment of external forces in region
Iran is in favor of peaceful settlement of any conflict, Iranian Ambassador to Armenia Mohammad Reisi told a press conference Friday.
- 11:57 | Armenia Aghvan Hovsepyan appointed head of Investigative Committee
Prior to this appointment, Mr Hovsepyan served as Prosecutor General of Armenia.
Source: presidential press service
- 11:56 | Armenia Azerbaijani saboteurs had Euros and gold
According to some reports, one of the saboteurs had an Armenian passport which he got at the police department of Stepanakert in 2007.
- 11:30 | Armenia Sanctions against Russia to affect Armenian economy
The sanctions will inevitably affect Armenia’s economy, especially as Rosneft and Gazprombank are on the U.S. blacklist.
- 09:08 | In the world North Korea threatens to boycott Asian Games
The North's plan to send athletes and cheerleaders to the games is among a set of measures it recently proposed to ease tension between the rivals.
- 09:02 | In the world Militants kill 8 security personnel in NW Pakistan
A group of militants attacked a security checkpoint in a troubled northwestern tribal region before dawn Friday, sparking a shootout in which eight security forces and four militants were killed.
- 08:54 | In the world Super typhoon Rammasun bears down on southern China
The storm, which was downgraded as it passed over the Philippines, gained strength again over the South China Sea.
17:39 19/03/2013 » Society
YES youth clubs cultivate entrepreneurial culture among rural youth in Armenia
Heifer Project International Armenian Branch proudly partnered with Development Principles to promote youth entrepreneurship across rural Armenia and honored young entrepreneurial champions at the 2013 Youth Business Forum, recently held in Tsaghkadzor.
Since 2004, with financial support of Heifer International Armenia, Development Principles has worked on empowering disadvantaged rural youth, primarily through establishing rural Youth Empowered for Self-reliance (YES) Clubs. Through this network of 29 established YES clubs, annually more than 2,500 youngsters receive extracurricular (vocational) education in seven different directions including: Animal Husbandry, Ecology, Health, Civic Education, Logical Thinking, Journalism and Business Education.
In 2011-2012, students of the Business Education direction had the opportunity to put into practice their knowledge and skills and develop sound business plans. These plans later went through a thorough selection process and the best ones received seed grants of 100 USD in support of their realization.
As a result of the initiative and the seed grants, a total of 189 youth micro businesses were established that in 2012 together generated a net profit of more than 11m AMD. This means that the businesses at the end of the process on average had a 97.4% return on investment and recorded an astonishing increase of net worth by 197%.
Following the forum’s tradition, most successful entrepreneurs were recognized and congratulated. Nominees for the best Business Idea, Best Entrepreneur, and Best Business Peer Trainer were announced and the winners received awards. These are the young individuals who pave the way to success for young and emerging business leaders of the future.
Heifer International's mission is to work with communities to end hunger and poverty and care for the Earth. Starting 1944 Heifer has provided assistance to around 15.5 million needy people in 125 countries, and helped them become self-reliant. Since 1999, Heifer has implemented 58 programs in Armenia, assisting around 10,000 needy families to better their socio-economic conditions. Currently, 16 programs are active in 100 communities of Armenia. Only in 2012, Heifer Armenia has assisted 1861 small holder farmers.
In case you have found a mistake in the text, please send a message to the editor by selecting the mistake and pressing Ctrl-Enter.
13:35 23/07/2014 » Society
Iraqi officials say the death toll from a late night suicide attack targeting a police checkpoint in Baghdad has climbed to 31 people, most of them civilians, Associated Press reported. The bomber had rammed his explosives-packed car into a checkpoint in Baghdad's northern neighborhood of Kazimiyah where people lined up in cars for security checks en route to a revered Shiite shrine during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. Police officials said Wednesday that along with 31 killed, ...
13:24 23/07/2014 » Society
An Egyptian court that jailed three al-Jazeera journalists for alleged ties with Islamists said on Tuesday that "the devil guided" the group to spread false news defaming the country, Agence France-Presse reported. Australian journalist Peter Greste, Egyptian-Canadian Mohamed Fadel Fahmy and Egyptian producer Baher Mohamed were convicted in June of aiding the blacklisted Muslim Brotherhood and spreading false news that portrayed Egypt as being in a state of "civil ...
12:51 23/07/2014 » Society
Deputy Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said Wednesday's ceremony was set for 11 a.m. local time (0800 GMT) at the airport in Kharkiv, before the bodies are flown to the Netherlands, Associated Press reported. The Dutch government declared a day of national mourning as the country prepared for the arrival of the first bodies in the afternoon. The crash on Thursday killed all 298 people - most of them Dutch citizens - aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Dutch government spokesman ...
12:25 23/07/2014 » Society
According to the official site of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has had meetings with presidents of different kinds of sport federation, with trainers and sportsmen who have participated in different matches in Iran. In one of the photos published in IRI president’s official site Hassan Rouhani is having talk with a football player of Armenian origin, the 60th Capitan of Iran’s National Football Team, Andranik Teymuryan. Iran’s National Football Team was ...